The Thornton Trustees of Trust Funds have fiduciary responsibilities for managing charitable trusts as well as capital reserve funds directed toward purposes that benefit Thornton citizens.
About the Trustees
The Trustees of Trust Funds are volunteer citizens who serve in a fiduciary capacity on behalf of the citizens of the Town to manage the money entrusted to them. Trustees are elected to serve three year term on a rotating basis.
- Invest the money in the trust and capital reserve funds.
- Ensure the provisions of the documents establishing the trusts and CRF are met.
- Invest the funds according to the trustee investment policy and state of NH statutes for RSA 31:22 through 31:25 for trusts and RSAs relating to capital reserves.
- Distribute trust income and principal according to trust documents.
- Prepare and submit annual MS-9 and MS-10 reports to the Town and State of NH.
- Approve an investment policy for the trust funds annually.
- Provide a report to the selectmen as necessary
- Record deposits and disburse funds for expendable trusts per the agents to expend.
- Deposit and disburse funds for capital reserve funds annually.
- Meet as necessary to review investments and reports. Meeting dates are posted in advance at the town office and on this website.