The Town of Thornton has 5 cemeteries under the jurisdiction of the Cemetery Trustees. The three-member Board of Cemetery Trustees is elected to oversee the operation of all public cemeteries (including those older private cemeteries which have, under State law, reverted to Town responsibility), and to establish new public cemeteries.
The 5 cemeteries are:
- Pine Grove Cemetery located on Route 175 (lots available)
- Mad River Cemetery located on Upper Mad River Road (lots available)
- Blake Mountain Cemetery (fka Hanson Cemetery) located on Route 3
- Wildcat Cemetery located off of Tripoli Road
- Orris Road Cemetery (aka Packard Graveyard) located on Orris Road
If you need assistance purchasing a cemetery lot please contact the Chairperson of the Cemetery Trustees.