Construction Permits

If you are a builder, developer or a homeowner who wants to build, renovate, remodel or demolish/remove any structures please acquire a Zoning Compliance Application which can be found on our Forms & Permits page under Zoning Compliance and Enforcement. For questions regarding the Zoning Compliance Application and/or the processing of such, please contact the Zoning Compliance Permit Contact.

Applications for Commercial Development, Multi-family Dwellings and Home Occupations shall be reviewed and approved by the Thornton Planning Board prior to an application for construction being submitted to the Board of Selectmen, as required by Regulations and the Zoning Ordinance. Please contact the Planning Director for details.