Prosecution Related FAQs

Who would I speak to about my arrest?

The police department’s prosecutor, Attorney Garrett Bartlett, Esq. represents the State. It is very important not to contact him until the Wednesday prior to your arraignment so he has had the opportunity to review your case file.

How do I obtain a copy of my arrest information if my case is still pending before the court system?

The proper procedure is to obtain a Motion for Discovery from the 2nd Circuit Court – Plymouth. Only the arrestee or representative can obtain copies. Once a motion for discovery is obtained, you may respond to the Prosecutor between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, (excluding holidays) to receive the appropriate copies. Any questions regarding this procedure may be obtained through the Prosecutor by calling 603-728-5297.

May I be compensated for damages incurred by the defendant?

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that every case will result in compensation to the victim. If you are a victim of a crime, please contact the Prosecutor to discuss the restitution or check the Victim Compensation (Assistance Commission) website at the New Hampshire Department of Justice.