New to Thornton? Welcome! Visit the Town Clerk's office to establish your residency, register to vote, license your dog, and get a transfer station sticker for your vehicles.
Stay up-to-date on the TOT's Facebook page!
TOWN CLERK HOURS We have extended our daily hours of operation for your convenience!
Note: The Clerk's office is closed on election days permitting the Clerk to oversee the election.
New Resident Welcome Letter
New Resident Information Packet
Transfer station stickers may be obtained at the Town Clerk's office with copy of vehice registration(s).
***Payment for all services is accepted only in the form of cash or check. For motor vehicle registrations two (2) checks are requried (State/Town fees).
Dog Registration Details --- All dogs 4 months or older must be registered every year by April 30th according to NH State law. License renewals may be done on-line if previously registered and rabies vaccination is current.Link to On-Line Payments
- Link to Vital Records
- Marriage in New Hampshire
- Application for Vital Records (Birth, Death, Marriage)
- Out of State Dealer Title Requirements
- Authorization to Renew (permitting someone to renew for you)
- New Registration Authorization (permitting someone to register for you)
- Plate Release Letter
- The following forms can be found online at: NH DMV:
- Vin Verification Form
- Record Change Request
- Copy of Registration
- Replacement Plates or Decals
- Application for Initial Plates
- Registration Agent List for Snowmobiles & OHRV's
Boats can be registered at the Town Offices. However, due to extremely low use of the service, we no longer processes Fish & Game Licenses, or OHRVs.
For a listing of Fish & Game License Agents click here.